Are You Caring for Someone Who Needs Help Caring for Themselves?
If so, Share the Care, Inc., can help. We’ve been pioneering caregiver support programs and resources for 26 years in Central Florida, including an innovative family caregiver assessment tool called CaregiverCentral.org.
Simply click on the Caregiver Central logo below to assess your needs as a caregiver and to learn about resources that may be able to help you. We think you’ll be glad you did.
Just CLICK this CaregiverCentral.org logo
Share the CareTMhas been faithfully serving the needs of family caregivers in the Central Florida community for more than a quarter of a century. We offer a host of caregiver resources in addition to CaregiverCentral.org which are described below:
Adult Day Care – Share the Care operates six licensed Adult Day Care Centers and one Neighborhood Respite program in Orange and Seminole Counties. Many of our centers are linked with local faith communities as our mission meshes closely with their own.
Adult Day Care Centers provide day care services for adults every Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm. These centers include:
- Share the Care College Park, located at 1010 Arthur Avenue, Orlando, FL 32804
- Share the Care Conway, located at Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church at 1655 Peel Avenue, Orlando, FL 32806
- Share the Care Oviedo, located at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 2025 State Road 426, Oviedo, FL 32765
- Share the Care Maitland, located at St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Parish, 861 Maitland Avenue, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Share the Care Windermere, located at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 4851 S. Apopka-Vineland Road, Windermere , FL 32819
- Share the Care Winter Garden, located at First Baptist Church, 81 N. Main Street, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Share the Care’s Neighborhood Respite Care site offers adult day care services one day a week on Fridays. This program is located at The Jewish Community Center at 851 N. Maitland Avenue, Maitland, FL 32751
- In-Home Respite – We offer coordination of an in-home sitter to sit with those unable to be alone, keeping them safe while the family caregiver can attend to other activities;
- Overnight Respite - Share the Care works with a network of local Assisted Living Communities to offer safe, secure, overnight accommodations for care recipients, allowing family caregivers to go out of town, tend to their own medical needs or simply have a break from caregiving responsibilities.
- In-Home Counseling – Homebound family caregivers are eligible to receive in-home counseling by a professional mental health counselor.
- Caregiver Training & Education – Share the Care provides a variety of caregiver focused educational events throughout the year to help better equip caregivers for their caregiving tasks including an annual Caregiver Forum, Caregiver Breakfast and more.
- Case Management – Professional case managers are available to support caregivers as they navigate the caregiving journey
- Crisis Care – Share the Care’s team of professionals is skilled at managing crisis care situations that come up from time to time.
Share the Care promotes healthy “aging in place” and keeps families together by enabling caregivers to continue to caring for their loved ones in their own homes. Perhaps one of our family caregivers says it best:
“Share the Care simplifies my life as a caregiver. It makes me feel blessed to benefit from the services of Share the Care. My husband looks forward to attending and enjoys the loving attention he receives, and also the fellowship of the other clients. I am so very grateful!”
A Happy Family Caregiver
For More Information:
Please visit the Share the Care website at www.helpforcaregivers.org or call (407) 423-5311.
Share the CareTM is a non-profit agency providing services and support to family caregivers, enabling them to maintain their family member at home and delay or eliminate the need for institutional care.