Just as determining the care needs for your situation is important, choosing the right in-home care agency is an equally critical decision. Make sure loved ones receive the highest quality care available by researching your local options. A good place to start is talking with friends, neighbors, and other trusted advisers and professionals to learn more about home care agencies in your community.
The following are some helpful questions to ask when researching home care agencies:
- Does the agency have an RN determine a care plan with input from the patient, his or her physician, and family?
- How long has the agency been serving the community?
- Does the agency have printed materials explaining services and costs?
- Does the agency offer a Patient’s Bill of Rights that outlines rights and responsibilities of both the agency and the patient?
- How closely are caregivers supervised?
- Will family members be informed of the care their loved ones are receiving?
- How are caregivers hired and trained? What type of employee screening is done?
- How does the agency handle billing?
- What procedures are in place to handle and resolve conflicts or problems? Who should you call if you have any complaints?
Partners in Healthcare is committed to delivering exceptional RN managed home care in Orlando, Florida. Together we will make a positive difference in the life of your loved one. Call us today at 407-788-9393, and follow us on Facebook at HomeCareOrlando.