Did you know that seniors who go to nursing homes or assisted living facilities are usually not in need of complex medical care, but rather are having difficulty taking care of their personal needs? This is the foundation of modern home care, assisting individuals with their activities of daily living. This includes helping people with bathing, dressing, meals, transportation, housekeeping, and more.
A quick primer on in-home care:
- Home care services are delivered one-on-one, assuring more private attention than in a nursing home or a facility. There is no “waiting for one’s turn” when care is needed.
- A home caregiver can be effective in promoting and ensuring a healthy lifestyle. Home caregivers produce healthy and nutritious meals that appeal to the individual and can also keep a close eye on the amount of food eaten
- In addition, a personalized daily exercise program can be implemented and followed through, with the added safety of a qualified professional being present.
- In-home care fosters dignity and independence, important ingredients for a happy lifestyle. Home care (in particular, private pay home care) can offer personalized care tailored to the needs of the family and individual on any given day, whether the needs are as simple as companionship or more complex, such as personal care.
- With the additional benefit of transportation to and from various appointments, social activities or errands, home care allows families more free time together.
For more information, call us today at 407-788-9393. And, follow us on Facebook at HomeCareOrlando!
We’ll be happy to answer all of your in-home care questions.