At Partners in Healthcare in Orlando, Florida, we believe in planning care solutions that best suit a person’s situation! As home care experts, we’re always happy to help establish an in-home care plan for those in need of home care, and below are some of the most important points for a thoughtful care plan.
An agency plan of care should cover the following prior to the caregiver being scheduled in the home:
- Illnesses/injuries, and signs of an emergency medical situation;
- Likes and dislikes;
- Medications, and how and when they should be taken;
- Need for dentures, eyeglasses, canes, walkers, etc.;
- Possible behavioral problems and how best to deal with them;
- Problems getting around (in or out of a wheelchair, for example, or trouble walking);
- Special diets or nutritional needs; and
- Therapeutic exercises.
In addition, this information is helpful to the in-home care worker:
- Clothing the senior may need (if/when it gets too hot or too cold);
- How you can be contacted (and who else should be contacted in an emergency);
- How to find and use medical supplies and medications;
- Where to find food, cooking utensils, and serving items;
- Where to find cleaning supplies;
- Where to find light bulbs and flashlights, and where the fuse box is located (in case of a power failure);
- Where to find the washer, dryer and other household appliances (as well as instructions on how to use them).
Partners in Healthcare is committed to delivering exceptional client-centered home care in Orlando, Florida. Together we will make a positive difference in the life of your loved one. Call us today at 407-788-9393, and follow us on Facebook at HomeCareOrlando.