Often families simply need a little help to prevent caregiver burnout and to help keep their loved one safe and secure at home. Choosing a provider is a major decision that will effect you or your loved one’s quality of life and independence. Don’t be fooled into hiring a stranger off of a web site, the people on that faceless web site have never sat down and interviewed the person or conducted the 16 checks that we contact.
Only slightly better are Nurse Registries that try to represent their registries as real home h5ealth agencies, but send contractors to your home and are not responsible for their supervision, liability insurance, Workman’s Compensation insurance or taxes. Be sure to hire a real Home Health Agency, not a Nurse Registry that will only send Independent Contractors to care for you or your loved one. We are accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). Accreditation by ACHC reflects our dedication and commitment to meeting standards that facilitate a higher level of performance and patient care. Our RN’s will design a plan and manage the caregivers to create you a personal assisted living facility in their current home.
Five Types of Home Care Providers
- Hire a person off the street or some internet web site – very risky!
- Home Companion Service HCS only Registered with State, but no RN supervision of caregivers, no personal care, skilled care, no standards of care, and are not accredited.
- Nurse Registry – NR Licensed employment service. Contractors (1099) staff only are sent to your home that you manage. Do not provide RN managed care, only independent contractors provide care to your loved one, and they are not accredited.
- Home Health Agency – HHA Licensed, Accredited and Medicare Certified, RNs proactively manage the caregivers.
- Home Health Agency – HHA Licensed, Accredited Private Duty RNs proactively manage the caregivers.
Why risk being an employer by hiring from a web site or hiring a so called “angel” or “granny” from a Nurse Registry. Doesn’t your loved one deserve the best possible care? Call Partners in Healthcare 407-788-9393.