Parkinson’s disease is a disorder of the brain that may result in shaking and difficulty with walking, movement, speaking, swallowing and coordination. Individuals with Parkinson’s disease may need home care assistance as the disease progresses in order to remain safe and independent at home and avoid moving to a care facility.
At Partners in Healthcare, we offer loving, respectful home care services that allow our clients to age in place with dignity and respect. We can design a care plan that incorporates assistance with homemaking tasks and medication management to help your loved one have a higher quality of life. Some of the services we can provide include:
- Safety supervision
- Ambulatory assistance
- Assistance with bathing, grooming, and dressing
- Light housekeeping
- Medication reminders
- Cognitive stimulation
Many family caregivers reach a stage in their Parkinson’s Disease (PD) journey where respite care is needed for their loved one or themselves. When one has exhausted their support team of friends and families often it is time for professional help. Help can consist of both scheduled and as needed help to keep your loved one safe, healthy and at home.
Partners in Healthcare has a team of individuals that can work with your comprehensive team. Often other medical team members are very focused on the patient but not the condition of the family caregiver. We at Partners in Healthcare use a RN led model that builds care plans that support the client and family caregivers. Here are a few scenarios that may apply to many family caregivers.
- The client is not sleeping well at night therefore the family caregiver is becoming exhausted. The solution may be a combination of making changes to diet, medication regiment and over night home health aides to allow the family to get much needed sleep.
- Often the 24-hour a day 7 day a week care from the family caregiver simply wears them out physically and emotionally. Our RN managed Home Health Aides can provide scheduled or as needed breaks for family caregivers.
- After your loved one returns from the hospital or rehab many family caregivers will need a helping hand. This can be in the form of daytime of nighttime support or 24 hour support that reduces as the recovery of the client takes place.
- In the later stages of PD often family caregivers need the support of RN managed agency to meet both the physical and emotion toll of caring for their loved one. Home Health agency support often continues when the physician orders hospice services. Our services complement hospice service by providing continuity of care and we covers periods when their services are not available.
Partners in Healthcare is a different Home Health Agency in that it proactively managed by RNs. We do not require a fixed number of hours or shifts. Scheduled shifts are always filled, as needed shifts are filled to the best of our ability. Our RNs receive daily written reports from each of caregivers who are employees not contractors. Our RNs are available whenever the home health aides of the families need them.
Living with Parkinson’s disease can be a challenge, but quality in-home care can help. Partners in Healthcare’s Florida home health care services can help your loved one manage day-to-day life with Parkinson’s disease. Contact us to find out how.
The Florida Hospital Parkinson’s Outreach Center is valuable local resource for families – Parkinson’s Outreach Center Program
The Parkinson’s Disease Advocates are group of trained professionals that provide the latest education, support and resources, here’s a link to their web site at PDAvocates.com