Casselberry Home Health Care Services
Partners in Healthcare is an RN-managed Casselberry home care agency. Our nurse managers and their caregivers are committed to providing the highest quality of compassionate home health care and outstanding home care in Casselberry. We have achieved our position as a premier provider of client-focused care due to the attention we provide to details. We provide client-centered home health care solutions to families throughout the Casselberry community.
If you are caring for a senior loved one in the Casselberry area, you may benefit from Partners in Healthcare’s respite care assistance to in order to sleep, work, or manage other aspects of your life. No matter what your home care needs, one of our RN care managers will create a plan built upon your specific needs and those of your family. Partners in Healthcare provides a wide range of senior care services and scheduling options, care coordination and informational resources to meet your Casselberry home health care needs and provide you the peace of mind you deserve.
From companionship and transportation to housekeeping and medication management, our experienced care managers can create a care plan that works for you. If you are looking for dedicated, professional home care services in Casselberry, Florida, look no further than Partners in Healthcare. Contact us to schedule a free in-home assessment today.
Fall Prevention at Home
About thirty percent of people over the age of 65 will experience a fall each year. Some falls will be minor, but a significant percentage–up to a third–will lead to serious disability or death. The most common reasons for hospital admission after falls are hip fractures and head trauma, both of which can have serious consequences.
The risk for falls goes up directly with age, with a four-fold increase between the ages of 65 and 85. Women are statistically more likely to fall, and to have a fracture as a result of the fall than men. Despite this, men are more likely to suffer fatal falls and falls that lead to disability followed by death. Because the consequences of falling are potentially serious, prevention of falls is essential.
There are measures that can be taken by elderly citizens, their caretakers and their health care professionals to minimize the risk of falls and subsequent complications. Many elderly patients are reluctant to report falls or near-falls for a variety of factors. Perhaps they are saddened by the implied loss of function or independence. Many fear placement in a nursing home or other care situation that they consider to be undesirable.
There are steps that can be taken by each individual, the family and the physician to help prevent falls in the elderly.
Prevention of falls starts with controlling environmental risks.
- Inside the home, consider removing area rugs that can cause tripping.
- Make indoor pathways as clutter free as possible.
- In all areas, remove draping electrical cords from lamps and appliances.
- Handrails in showers and on stairs provide added stability.
- Outdoors, keep sidewalks and pathways clear of ice and snow in winter.
- Make sure hoses, plants, roots and sprinklers are not obstructing the sidewalks and paths during the rest of the year.
- Ensure adequate lighting inside and outside the residence.
The Partners in Healthcare Client Experience will be accomplished when:
- Clients feel a sense of security because our caregivers are wearing their uniforms and ID cards.
- Clients are confident the same level of care will continue no matter who the caregiver is.
- Clients know “their” caregiver will always be on time and finish each task.
- When we retain our clients for the long-term by providing them the compassionate care they are truly seeking.
- Clients experience peace of mind knowing their caregiver has received the best training available.As a son, daughter, sibling or spouse of someone who has, or will need, home care services, nothing is more important than selecting the right caregiver for your loved one. Partners in Healthcare is a member of the CAREGIVER QUALITY ASSURANCE™ program. Members of this program are home care companies that go above and beyond the norm when selecting quality caregivers and ensure the best care is provided.
Our care environment is called “The Partners in Healthcare Way” it is the foundation for “Our Client Experience”.