When you or a loved one needs extra help managing medications, a caregiver can be a life saver. Home care agencies, like Partners in Healthcare of Orlando, Florida, offer services that help keep seniors on the path to proper medication adherence. For example, caregivers can:
- Coordinate and communicate between healthcare professionals—including keeping all involved updated on all the meds the senior is taking.
- Teach the importance of taking meds and provide reminders to take them.
- Coordinate delivery of meds through mail order and/or provide transportation to pick up meds.
- Pick up prescribed medications after a hospital stay.
- Check for contraindications prior to purchasing new medications for the client.
- Record information from the label of each prescription and track warnings and possible side effects.
- Encourage the use of a pill organizer and/or an automated medication reminder system.
- Provide a system for checking that medications were taken.
Caregivers can also accompany seniors to their doctor appointments and provide a list of all medications being taken, as well as communicate with the pharmacist if the senior has any special requirement, such as liquid medicine as opposed to hard-to-swallow pills.
Partners in Healthcare caregivers provide the necessary services and assistance that help our home care clients manage their medications for improved health and quality of life. Contact us at 407-788-9393 for more information on private duty care and customized options for varying client needs in Orlando, Florida.
Follow us on Facebook at HomeCareOrlando.